TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to the Immersive Reality Grid. (IRG) Our goal is to have a safe, respectful virtual environment for our residents and visitors. By logging in, or teleporting in via hypergrid, you agree to abide by our rules.
- To protect your privacy as much as legally possible. (In other words, in all cases except a legal subpoena.) We will use your personal contact information only for billing, service announcements, system support, and for other communications that you have previously agreed to. If we need to look at your personal data for any other reason, we will ask your permission first.
- To respect intellectual property by promptly taking down infringing content, and by asking for permission before using users' content in marketing materials or in any other way other than what's required for normal grid operations.
Creators: If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, go HERE to obtain instructions for filing a takedown request.
- To do our best to keep the grid operational. If you are renting full sims from Immersive Reality, we will give a pro rated credit for any time past 24 hours that the grid is unavailable, however there will be no cash refunds.
- To make sure to give adequate notice before we shut down the grid so that you can make backups of all exportable content.
- To not harass other users, or personally attack them based on race, gender, sexual preference, religion, or other affiliation.
- To respect the intellectual property rights of others by uploading only appropriately licensed content, and by exporting only content that you yourself have created or have permission to export.
- To respect maturity ratings by rezzing only appropriate content and engaging in appropriate behaviors. "Age Play" and child avatars are prohibited on IRG. Anybody violating this rule will be ejected with no refund.
- To provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- To respect the privacy of fellow users.
- That IRG is an adult content grid. You must be at least eighteen years old in real life to use IRG and your avatar must look like an adult.
- That IRG is a service provider that may allow people to interact online regarding topics and content chosen by users of the service, and that users can alter the service environment on a real-time basis. IRG generally does not regulate the content of communications between users or users interactions with the Service. As a result, IRG has very limited control, if any, over the quality, morality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Service.
- That IRG presently includes a component of in-world fictional currency ("Currency" or "IR$" ), which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of our product when, as, and if allowed by IRG. IRG may charge fees for the right to use IR$, or may distribute IR$ without charge, at its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, IR$ represent a limited license right governed solely under the terms of this Agreement, and are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Immersive Reality Grid at any time. You agree that Immersive Reality Grid has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify, create and/or eliminate such Currency as it sees fit in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that Immersive Reality Grid will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right. You agree and acknowledge that Immersive Reality Grid may deny any sell order or buy order individually or with respect to general volume or price limitations set by Immersive Reality Grid for any reason. Immersive Reality Grid may limit sellers or buyers to any group of users at any time. Immersive Reality Grid may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of other laws or regulations, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with the Service.
- That you retain copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect to Content you create in IRG, to the extent that you have such rights under applicable law.
- That you agree to use IRG as provided, without unauthorized software or other means of access or use. IRG has designed the Service to be experienced only as offered by IRG at the websites or partner websites. IRG is not responsible for any aspect of the Service that is accessed or experienced using software or other means that is not supported by IRG. Immersive Reality Grid may, at it's sole discretion, block any or all viewer software from accessing the service. This includes viewer software based on the popular SecondLife viewer as well as others, including, but not limited to software based on libOMV. IRG may require viewer certification or self certification. The use of viewer software containing functionality to export content not created by the user is prohibited. Such viewers may not even be used if the functionality in question is not used. Users found on violation of this provision face immediate termination of their account without refund or compensation.
- That you are responsible for your own Internet access. Immersive Reality Grid does not provide Internet access, and you are responsible for all fees associated with your Internet connection.
- That there might be outages, or content losses, or other disruptions, and that we are not liable for any damages that may result.
- That the only exportable content is content that you yourself have created or content that is marked with the "export" permission. If the "export" permission is not yet enabled, exportable content is full-perm content.
- That you may cancel your account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. Upon your election to cancel, your account will be cancelled within 24 hours, but if you have paid for a period in advance you will be allowed to use the remaining time according to these Terms of Service unless your account or this Agreement is suspended or terminated based on our belief that you have violated this Agreement. There will be no refunds for any unused time on a subscription or any prepaid fees for any portion of the Service.
- That we can cancel your account at any time.
The Service is controlled and operated by Telecentral Electronics, Inc, the parent company of Immersive Reality Grid. IRG makes no representation that any aspect of the Service is appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside of the United States. Those who choose to access the Service from other locations are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Immersive Reality Grids failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive Immersive Reality Grid's right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent or similar breaches. No consent or waiver by Immersive Reality Grid under this Agreement shall be deemed effective unless delivered in a writing signed by a duly appointed officer of IRG. All or any of Immersive Reality Grid's rights and obligations under this Agreement may be assigned to a subsequent owner or operator of the Service in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of Immersive Reality Grid's assets. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any or all of your rights hereunder without the prior written consent of IRG, and any attempt to do so is void. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, no default, delay or failure to perform on the part of Immersive Reality Grid shall be considered a breach of this Agreement if such default, delay or failure to perform is shown to be due to causes beyond the reasonable control of IRG. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and IRG with respect to the subject matter hereof. The section headings used herein, including descriptive summary sentences at the start of each section, are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then in such jurisdiction that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. IRG may give notice to you by means of a general notice on our website at http://immersiverealitygrid.com, through the Immersive Reality Grid Viewer at or after log-in to your Account, by electronic mail to your e-mail address in our records for your Account, or by written communication sent by first class mail, postage prepaid, or overnight courier to your address on record for your Account. All notices given by you or required under this Agreement shall be e-mailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org